lunes, 21 de septiembre de 2015

Viva VIVO! Thinking More Broadly About the Scholarly Communications Infrastructure

Having worked in scholarly publishing my entire career I’ve attended plenty of industry conferences over the years but, since joining ORCID, I’m going to a whole lot more that were outside the scope of my previous role and/or that I’d never even heard of. The recent VIVO conference in Cambridge, MA falls firmly into the latter category.
For those of you who, like me, aren’t familiar with VIVO, it’s a relatively new organization, formed following a successful NIH-sponsored project that ran from 2009-2012. Essentially it’s an open source researcher profile system that enables the discovery of research and scholarship across disciplines and institutions. It integrates with a number of other systems (HR, grants, faculty activity databases, and more) and has been adopted by a number of associations, funders, and universities in the US and beyond.
Source: The Scholarly kitchen
URL: Full text

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario