lunes, 21 de septiembre de 2015

Library Publishing Redux: An Unprecedented Example of a Scholar/Library/Publisher Partnership

This month sees the publication of a book that represents an unprecedented example of library-author-publisher collaboration. While trying to avoid any blatant promotion of the book itself, I would like to discuss the origins and some of the implications of the collaborative project, which I believe are significant.

Before I begin, several disclosures are in order: first and most obviously, the University of Utah’s J. Willard Marriott Library is my employer. Second, Allyson Mower reports to me in her role as Scholarly Communications and Copyright Librarian here in the library. Third, David Crotty (our Editor in Chief here in the Scholarly Kitchen) is an employee of Oxford University Press, though not directly connected with their books program.

With those notices out of the way, let me explain the genesis of this project and why I think it’s so exciting and potentially important.

Source: The Scholarly Kitchen
URL: Full text

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario